Saturday, May 06, 2006

Race day.. again

Seems like I have been doing a lot of races lately. I think I may be addicted?

Today I smashed my previous 5k personal best (27:50), when I finished with 25:51 at the Proude's Shoes 5k. I was really happy with my time. I almost didn't go to this race this morning because Chris and I had gone to the Drive-in last night and I didn't get home until late, then I couldn't find my bib number, but I decided to go because the race was a Diabetes Society fundraiser. I will support that Canadian Diabetes Association in any way, shape, or form that I possibley can because they did so much for my dad.

Beautiful day AGAIN today, it was great. 12 degrees, sunny, and virtually no wind at the time of the race.

1 8:31
2 8:11
3 8:16
3.1 miles 25:51 8:19min/mi

After all that, I felt like I needed to burn off some extra energy, so my sister and I went for a 15 mile bike ride.

15.04 miles bike 1:30:12

No comments: