Tuesday, December 29, 2009

On my rest day I'd like to leave you with a quote by Matt Hoover, Season 2 Biggest Loser Winner, from the "Biggest Loser: Where Are They Now?" episode that I watched last night. He completed the Kona Ironman in October of this year, and while he missed the official cut off time by 3 minutes, his experience is incredibly inspiring.

"I look back over that race and it changed me; It made me realize that it's not about how much you weigh and it's not about what you've done in your past; it's about what you're doing. Our bodies they're amazing. I shouldn't have been able to do what I did that day but my body kept going. There's something about pushing yourself beyond your limits that people need to do once in their life. They need to take the chance one time and see what they really can do. And once you do it you're never the same."

Amen Matt! Thanks for the motivation!

No comments: