Thursday, July 23, 2009


I felt so alive when I ran today. The sun was shining over farmer's fields as I ran by two beautiful horses. A couple of people were mowing their lawns and took time to wave a friendly hello. My new Newtons propelled me forward and while I held back for the first 5k, I just let my body go for the second half and enjoyed the invigorating feeling of picking up speed and feeling great. It was one of those runs where I thought about how far I have come and how grateful I am to be running with two healthy knees. I soared up hills and just took the time to enjoy how strong I felt. Physically and emotionally. Things have come full circle since the heartbroken, defeated person I was last summer after first year law school. I am now so happy, so strong, confident, and in love. Life is really, really good.

No comments: