Monday, February 13, 2006

Goals for this week:

* Run three times for a total of 10 miles (two 3 mile runs and one 4 mile run)
* Lift chest, shoulders, back, biceps, and triceps once each this week
* Do ab work 3 times this week (gym or pilates)
* Spin once this week
* Do the Cybex hills once this week

I am going to start setting goals for weekly mileage starting this week. I will increase the mileage by 10% each week until a total of 20 weekly miles has been reached.

I am going to join the UPEI Running Club as an intermediate member and hope I know someone else there, and not be the only female. Probably won't be the only female. Might snag Erin to come with since she said she'd enter a race with me. The trainer is a BSc Kines grad, and I would greatly appreciate his insight. My grade 12 track coaches advice and training was some of the most valuable I've ever had. By the sounds of it, we would be doing hill work, fartleks, and speed training. Yay!! I'm really excited.

Knees and exam schedule permitting, these are two races I will definitely be running in this spring:

Races
Saturday, April 23, 2005 Dairy Queen/Source for Sports Bunny Hop 10K Run
Saturday, May 7, 2005 Proudes Shoes 5K Run

*knock on wood*

No comments: