Wednesday, September 02, 2009

To triathlon or not to triathlon... is that really a question?

Two open water swims with Mark this week. Today and Monday. I panicked both times. I have no explanation for the anxiety with lakes other than unfamiliarity. Will I look up to see a giant, ugly fish in my face? Will I be unable to complete the swim? Will I choke on a gulp of water? No, no, NO.

I know I can bike. I know I can run. It's the swim that is playing with my head. If anything, I need to follow through just to prove to myself what I'm capable of. 750meters. That is nothing on pavement! 25 minutes in the water, max. I can so do this. I will keep a steady momentum and rythm, and I will do it. Reach, catch, pull, push, recovery, reach, catch, pull, push, recovery, side breath, repeat.

Today's swimming:

13 minutes in the lake (felt like eternity). Maybe 350-400m with lots of stopping. To redeem myself I went to the pool and did...

100m pull buoy w/u
1 x 50m
2 x 100m
2 x 200m
2 x 100m
1 x 50m kick
100m pull buoy c/d

No comments: