Sunday, April 23, 2006

thank you, mother nature

We finally had some nice weather today. Sunny, little wind, about 11 degrees celsius.

It was supposed to be a rest day for me, but my sister wanted to go running and it was so beautiful outside, so I went. We ran negative splits! She was tired because she hadn't ran in a week or so. My legs were tired at first from running 15 miles in the past 4 days. After the first 2 miles, my legs warmed up and I felt great. My sister was still tired, but I lied and told her we were running 11 minute miles so she would keep pushing hard. Kind of mean, I know, but I knew if she fought she could keep up. At 4.25 miles, just yards away from home, my knee popped out on me. I should have known. It seems that whenever my feels feel FINE, that's when it pops. I still ran the next few yards back to my house but could feel my knee swelling. Plopped some frozen peas on it for about 1/2 hour and it's feeling pretty good now. Only mildy tender to the touch, which I can deal with.

Didn't wear my HRM today since it's been finicky.

4.4 miles | 41:45 | 9:28min/mi

No comments: