Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Hill repeats today with the running club. They were great until I was jogging downhill after the last repeat. My knee crunched. I'm not in pain, but it caught me off gaurd. It hasn't done that since last July. I am positive it was due to the pivoting motion of my leg going down hill and pushing off for the next step. I'm going to put some heat on it and take easy the rest of the day. No 10km race this weekend and no leg weights this week, just in case. I think I'm fine though, despite this annoying mechanical problem, it's not near as dibilitating as it used to be. My two knees are the same size, which is a positive sign. Now it seems that it happens, and I am fine later that day/the next day. *fingers crossed*

so.

1.3 mile warm up
6 x 100m hill repeats (run up, jog down)
1.3 mile walk back to the school (CD)
Total: ~ 3.25 miles

Did some weights back at the school.

Bench press (in the Smith): 3 x 10 @ 40 lbs
Chest flyes: 3 x 10 @ 20 lbs
Lat pulldowns: 3 x 10 @ 70/70/50 lbs
Seated rows: 3 x 10 @ 40/30/30 lbs
Hyperextensions on ball: 3 x 10
V tucks: 3 x 20
Medecine ball twists: 3 x 40
3 x 30 second planks

No comments: