Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Today was our first running club workout, it was really fun! There were 7-8 of us running, and I was challenged, so it was good. We ran 5-6Km (3.1-3.5 mi), that went something like this:

5 minute warm up *stretch*
5 minutes run
3 minutes slow jog
5 minutes run at a slightly faster pace with 3 * 10 second surges
3 minutes slow jog
5 minutes run at a slightly faster pace 2 * 20 second surges (I only did two, rest of the group did 3)
5 minute cooldown

I was pretty fatigued by the end, but that leaves me room for improvement. Adjusting your pace while running in a group is always a challenge because we tend to want to run together. I had a really good time though, and I'm really excited because I know running like this will help me improve my pace and endurance.

We're going to be running as a group again on Saturday, which will be more of an endurance fun run.

No comments: